History of the Battle Ground Education Association

The Battle Ground Education Association was previously a unified City Unit in its earliest days in the fall of 1953.  In spring of 1954 the 71 members joined the Washington State Teachers’ Association, the name was later changed to what we know today as the “Washington Education Association” Representative Assembly in 1954.  In 1996, Yacolt Education Association merged with Battle Ground Education Association.  BGEA currently represents almost 900 educators.